Air Force Research Laboratory Commercialization Academy Venture: Building the Future of Artificial General Intelligence.
JP Morgan Hedge Funds Quant : Princeton Quant Finance Expert : MIT AI-Machine Learning Expert : NYS CISO Expert
Impact: [Computational Quant Finance : AI & Machine Learning : Cybersecurity & Cryptography : Digital Transformation]
FinRM™: [Download our Research: Future Of Finance™ : Model Risk Arbitrage™ : Griffiss Cyberspace™]
Who's Who in America®, Who's Who in the World®, Who's Who in Finance & Industry®, Who's Who in Science & Engineering®
AACSB: Research Impact among Finance Nobel Laureates Black-Scholes, Markowitz & Sharpe: Risk & Uncertainty Management.
AFRL Commercialization Academy: Building the Future of Artificial General Intelligence: Griffiss Cyberspace & Drone™.
MIT: AI & Machine Learning: Industry Expert: Deep Learning, NLP, Robots: Self-Driving Cars: Unmanned Ground Vehicles.
Princeton: Princeton Quant Finance & Trading Presentations: AI & Machine Learning: Sponsors: Goldman Sachs, Citadel, etc.
CFA Society: Invited Keynote: JP Morgan & Goldman Sachs Practices Case Studies: Model Risk Management with Auto-ML.
RISK.Net: Bridging Networks, Systems and Controls Frameworks for Cybersecurity Curriculums and Standards Development.
NAIC: National Association of Insurance Commissioners: Pre-empting the Forthcoming Global Cyber Risk Insurance Crisis.
AFCEA C4I & Cyber Conference: Cybersecurity Risk & Uncertainty Management: AI-ML and Risk Management Controls.
SSRN: AI-Machine Learning & Risk-Uncertainty Management:SSRN: 63 Top-10 Research Rankings: Top 2% Authors.
Editor-Referee: ACM, IEEE, Society of Actuaries, Society of Modeling & Simulation, 40+ Top-Tier Journals & Conferences.
Goldman Sachs: Beyond 'Prediction' to 'Anticipation of Surprise'™
Computational Quant Analytics: Beyond Predictive to Anticipatory Risk Analytics
Finance-IT-Risk Analytics: Leading Industry Leaders & Learning from Them
Latest Research: AI & Machine Learning for Risk & Uncertainty Management
AI-Algorithms-Machine Learning: 63 SSRN Top-10 Rankings, Top-2% Authors
JP Morgan Portfolio Liquidity Risk Modeling Framework for $500-600Bn AUM
JP Morgan Portfolio Optimization, VaR & Stress Testing: 17-Asset Class Portfolio
JP Morgan Private Bank: Hedge Funds: Bayesian vs. VaR: Model Risk Management
PRMIA Presentation: Beyond Value-At-Risk: Measuring Risks with Better Measures
The 'Anticipation of Surprise' Framework: Anticipatory Risk Analytics
25 Years of Computational Quant Risk Analytics Leading Industry Leaders.
Download Research: Model Risk Management (MRM) Research Program.
Federal Reserve/OCC Model Risk Management Guidance SR11-7/OCC 2011-12.
Global Footprint of Our Research in Worldwide Firms, Governments, Institutions.
World’s Largest Firms, Governments, & Organizations Applying our Research.
Over 25 Years of Computational Quantitative Anticipatory Risk Analytics…
Risk Models: Statistics, Finance, Econometrics, IT, OR, Computer Sc., Telecom, …
Risk Management & Controls: ERM, MRM, Assets, Markets, Exchanges, Networks, …
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein told the Australian Institute of Company Directors at a breakfast briefing on Friday, July 26 2013, how investors should prepare for the most extreme risk scenario. His comments about risk management capture the essence of the 'anticipation of surprise' model mentioned above and explained in Dr. Yogesh Malhotra's research papers and research monographs published over the last decade or so.
"The new business model of the Information Age, however, is marked by fundamental, not incremental, change. Businesses can't plan long-term; instead, they must shift to a more flexible 'anticipation-of-surprise' model."
-- Yogesh Malhotra in CIO Magazine interview, Sep. 15, 1999.
"The future is moving so quickly that you can’t anticipate it… We have put a tremendous emphasis on quick response instead of planning. We will continue to be surprised, but we won't be surprised that we are surprised. We will anticipate the surprise." - The 'Anticipation of Surprise' Framework
Leading Anticipatory Risk Analytics... since 1993
The concept of 'anticipation of surprise' articulated in a strategy journal* by scholar-practitioner Steve Kerr, the Chief Learning Officer of GE, and the future Goldman Sachs MD responsible for Goldman Sachs Leadership Development caught Yogesh Malhotra's fascination in 1995. Malhotra's research developed that concept into a comprehensive and actionable framework of model risk management of non-deterministic risks such as those associated with black swans through 'anticipation of surprise' by 'effective challenge of models'....
...Over subsequent years, Yogesh Malhotra's influential research and practices on realizing and executing the cyberspace era vision of risk modeling and risk management have guided world's greatest nations, firms, and institutions at the forefront of managing risk and uncertainty. During the same time span, Goldman Sachs as a firm is known to have fundamentally transformed its global risk management strategy around the same concept...
* Kerr, S. (1995). Creating the boundaryless organization: the radical reconstruction of organization capabilities. Planning Review, p. 41-45 (September-October)
...Subsequently, the Model Risk Guidance SR11-7/OCC 2011-12 was issued by US Federal Reserve and OCC in aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis of 2008... in 2011-2012. Just around the same time, as illustrated here, Wall Street CEOs, CFOs, and CROs started noting that "we must anticipate risk"...
...Coincidentally, this applied research program supported by a digital social enterprise has been already developing frameworks and models for the anticipated future of finance and future of risk starting with the first WWW-browser in 1993... adopted by worldwide firms, governments, and institutions... and written about and recommended by greatest tech visionaries such as Microsoft founder Bill Gates... ...Whether you are like us a Digital Transformation pioneer of Business Technology Management, Knowledge Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Model Risk Management, Cyber Risk Management, Cyber Finance, Cyber Insurance, FinTech and Model Risk Arbitrage or just getting started, you are all "welcome to the new world of business!!" being designed, practiced, and disseminated from that digital social enterprise for over two decades.
...Having affirmed the trajectory of his own post-doctoral quantitative risk modeling and risk management research in 2012 with the Columbia University Professor Emanuel Derman, world's most known expert on Model Risks in his view, who was prior MD and head of Quantitative Strategies group at Goldman Sachs, Dr. Yogesh Malhotra is optimistic about a more enlightened future of quantitative risk modeling...
2015-2018: 63 SSRN Top-10 Research Rankings: Top-2% SSRN Authors:
AI, Algorithms & Machine Learning; Anticipatory & Predictive Analytics:
Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Insurance, Quantitative Finance & Trading
SSRN Top-10 Research Ranking Categories:
• Accounting Technology & Information Systems,
• Accounting, Corporate Governance, Law & Institutions,
• Artificial Intelligence,
• Banking & Insurance,
• Capital Markets,
• Cognition in Mathematics Science & Technology,
• Community College Education,
• Computational Biology,
• Computational Techniques,
• Computer Science,
• Computing Technologies,
• Conflict Studies,
• Corporate Governance Practice Series,
• Corporate Governance: Disclosure Internal Control & Risk-Management,
• Cultural Anthropology,
• Cyber-Conflict (Inter-State),
• Decision-Making under Risk & Uncertainty,
• Econometric & Statistical Methods,
• Econometric Modeling,
• Econometric Modeling: Capital Markets - Risk,
• Econometrics: Econometric & Statistical Methods,
• Econometrics: Mathematical Methods & Programming,
• Economics of Networks,
• Forensic Accounting,
• Government Expenditures & Education,
• Hedging & Derivatives,
• Information Systems & Economics,
• Information Systems: Behavioral & Social Methods,
• Information Technology & Systems,
• Innovation & Management Science,
• Innovation Finance & Accounting,
• Innovation Law & Policy,
• Inter-State Conflict,
• Interorganizational Networks & Organizational Behavior,
• IO: Productivity, Innovation & Technology,
• IO: Regulation, Antitrust & Privatization,
• Labor: Human Capital,
• Legal Perspectives in Information Systems,
• Machine Learning,
• Mathematical Methods & Programming,
• Microeconomics: Decision-Making under Risk & Uncertainty,
• Military & Homeland Security,
• Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, & Investment Industry,
• Operations Research,
• Political Economy - Development: Public Service Delivery,
• Postsecondary Education,
• Risk Management,
• Risk Management & Analysis in Financial Institutions,
• Risk Management Controls,
• Risk Modeling,
• Risk, Regulation, & Policy,
• PSN: Security & Safety,
• Social Network Analysis,
• Sociology of Innovation,
• Stochastic Models,
• Sustainable Technology,
• Systemic Risk,
• Telecommunications & Network Models,
• Uncertainty & Risk Modeling,
• VaR Value-at-Risk.
Recent Research Presentations and Research Reports
2018 Princeton FinTech & Quant Conference: Invited Research Presentation: AI-Machine Learning-Deep Learning MRM.
2018 MIT Sloan-Computer Sc. & AI Lab AI-Machine Learning Executive Guide including RPA & Cognitive Automation
2018 Journal of Operational Risk, March: Toward 'Cyber-Finance’ Cyber Risk Management Frameworks of Practice.
2017 National Association of Insurance Commissioners, June , Advancing Cyber Risk Insurance beyond VaR Models.
2017 IUP Journal of Computer Sciences, April, Quantitative Modeling of Trust and Trust Management Protocols.
Stress Testing for Cyber Risks: Cyber Risk Insurance Modeling beyond Value-at-Risk: Risk, Uncertainty, & Profit.
Toward Integrated Enterprise Risk Management, Model Risk Management & Cyber-Finance Risk Management.
Bridging Networks, Systems and Controls Frameworks for Cybersecurity Curricula & Standards Development.
Advancing Cognitive Analytics Using Quantum Computing for Next Generation Encryption.
Invited Princeton Quant Trading Presentations: 'Rethinking Finance' for the Era of Global Networked Digital Finance.
2016 Princeton Quant Trading Presentation: Beyond Model Risk Management to Model Risk Arbitrage for FinTech Era.
2015 Princeton Quant Trading Presentation: Future of Finance Beyond 'Flash Boys': Managing Uncertainty.
Cybersecurity & Cyber-Finance Risk Management: Strategies, Tactics, Operations, &, Intelligence: ERM to MRM.
A Risk Management Framework for Penetration Testing of Global Banking & Finance Networks VoIP Protocols.
CyberFinance: Why Cybersecurity Risk Analytics Must Evolve to Survive 90% of Emerging Cyber Financial Threats.
Beyond 'Bayesian vs. VaR' Dilemma: How to Manage Risk (After Risk Management Has Failed) for Hedge Funds.
Measuring & Managing Financial Risks with Improved Alternatives Beyond Value-at-Risk (VaR).
Markov Chain Monte Carlo Models for High-Dimensionality Complex Stochastic Problems in Network Security.
Risk, Uncertainty, & Profit for the Cyber Era: 'Knight Reconsidered': Model Risk Management in Cyber Risk Insurance.
Cyber-Finance Risk Management: Strategies, Tactics, Operations, &, Intelligence: ERM to Model Risk Management.
Number Field Sieve Cryptanalytic Algorithms for Most Efficient Prime Factorization on Composites: Beyond RSA 1024.
Future of Bitcoin & Statistical Probabilistic Quant Methods: Global Financial Regulation: Hong Kong Institute of CPAs.
Bitcoin Protocol & Bitcoin Block Chain: Model of 'Cryptographic Proof' based Global Crypto-Currency Payment Systems.
2015-2018 63 SSRN Top-10 Rankings: Computational Quant & Risk Analytics Algorithms Machine Learning Research.
2008 AACSB International Impact of Research Report: Among Black-Scholes, Markowitz, Sharpe, Modigliani & Miller.
Top Wall Street Investment Banks Quantitative Finance Projects & FinTech Ventures
• Princeton: Future of Finance: 'Rethinking Finance' for Era of Global Networked Digital Finance
• 2017 National Association of Insurance Commissioners: Expert Paper: Cyber Risk Insurance Modeling
• 2016 Princeton Quant Trading Conference: Invited Research Presentation: Model Risk Arbitrage
• 2015 Princeton Quant Trading Conference: Invited Research Presentations: Future of Finance
• Quantitative Finance Risk Analytics Modeling Wall Street Investment Banks & VC Projects
• Model Risk Management: Risk Management Analytics from 'Prediction' to 'Anticipation of Risk'
• Quantitative Finance Risk Analytics, Econometric Analytics, Numerical Programming Models
• Quantitative Finance Model Risk Management for Systemic-Tail Risks in Cyber Risk Insurance
• JP Morgan Portfolio Optimization, VaR & Stress Testing: 17-Asset Class Portfolio
• JP Morgan Portfolio Liquidity Risk Modeling Framework for $500-600Bn Portfolio
• Bayesian VaR Beyond Value-At-Risk (VaR) Model Risks Exposed by Global Financial Crisis
• Goldman Sachs Alumnus Asset Manager Large-Scale Data High Freq Econometric Models
• Quantitative Finance, Risk Modeling, Econometric Modeling, Numerical Programming
• Technologies of Computational Quantitative Finance & Risk Analytics and Risk Management
• Algorithms & Computational Finance: C++, SAS, Java, Machine Learning, Signal Processing
• Cybersecurity, Financial Protocols & Networks Protocols Analysis, and, Penetration Testing
• Impact: Quantitative Finance, Quantitative Risk Analytics & Risk Management Projects
• Digital Social Enterprise Ventures Creating Trillion $ Practices for Hundreds of Millions
Named among FinTech Finance & IT Nobel laureates for Real World Impact of Research
• FinTech Innovations: Model Risk Arbitrage, Open Systems Finance, Cyber Finance, Cyber Insurance
• AACSB International Reports Impact of Research among Black-Scholes, Markowitz, Sharpe
• Research Impact Recognized among Finance & Information Technology Nobel laureates
• 63 SSRN Top-10 Rankings: AI, Algorithms & Machine Learning; Cybersecurity; Computational Quant Finance
• FinTech Innovations: Model Risk Arbitrage, Cyber Finance, Cyber Risk Insurance Modeling
• Computational Quantitative Finance Modeling & Risk Management Research Publications
• Model Risk Management of Cyber Risk Insurance Models & Quantitative Finance Analytics
• Thesis on Ongoing Convergence of Financial Risk Management & Cyber Risk Management
• U.S. Federal Reserve & Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Model Risk Guidance
• Bayesian VaR Beyond Value-At-Risk (VaR) Model Risks Exposed by Global Financial Crisis
• Markov Chain Monte Carlo Models & Algorithms to Enable Bayesian Inference Modeling
• OCC Notes Cybersecurity Risk & Cyber Attacks as Key Contributor to Banks' Financial Risk
• Future of Bitcoin & Statistical Probabilistic Quantitative Methods: Global Financial Regulation
• Models Validation Expert Panels: IT, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science
Global, National, & Enterprise CxO Level FinTech-Cyber-Risk Analytics Ventures
• CxO Think Tank that pioneered 'Digital' Management of Risk, Uncertainty, & Complexity
• CxO Consulting: Global, National & Corporate Risk Management Practices Leadership
• CxO Guidance: Cyber Defense & Finance-IT-Risk Management: Uncertainty & Risk
• CxO Keynotes: Conference Board, Silicon Valley, UN, World Economy: Uncertainty & Risk
• The Future of Finance Project Leading Quantitative Finance Practices at Elite Conferences
• The Griffiss Cyberspace Cybersecurity Venture Spans Wall Street and Hi-Tech Research
• UN Quantitative Economics Expert Paper & Keynote on Global Economists Expert Panel
• National Science Foundation Cybersecurity & Cybercomputing National Expert Panels
• Digital Social Enterprise Innovation Ventures Pioneering the Future of Risk and Quant
• Global Footprint of Worldwide World-Leading CxO Risk Management Ventures & Practices