HONORS & AWARDS
E-mail: Dr.Yogesh.Malhotra[at]gmail.com LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/yogeshmalhotra
Model Risk Management Research Impact among Finance Nobel Laureates such as Black-Scholes & Markowitz.
AI-Algorithms-Machine Learning: Hedge Funds: Model Risk Arbitrage, Cyber-Finance & Insurance Pioneer.
Wall Street Investment Banks-Hedge Funds Quant: Invited Princeton University Quant Trading Presentations.
Global Computational Quant Leaderships: Digital, Computational, Quant, Cyber Risk Management-Analytics:
Wall Street Hedge Funds Quant, Big-3 Banking-Finance and IT-Telecom Firms; Silicon Valley VCs & CxOs;
National Science Foundation; United Nations; US-World Governments, Economies & Defense Agencies.
2015-2018: 65 Top-10 SSRN Research Rankings: Top 2% SSRN Authors
Post-Doctoral R&D in AI, Algorithms, and, Machine Learning: 20 Papers & Presentations
2015 - 2018: Princeton FinTech & Quant Trading, Invited Presentations
Sponsors: Princeton University, Goldman Sachs, Citadel, SIG, KCG.
2017 - 2018:
MIT Sloan School of Management-MIT Computer Science & AI Lab
MIT Industry Expert: Management & Leadership: AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
Over 20-Years of Global High Impact Hi-Tech Digital Practices Leadership
spans Silicon Valley to Seoul and all continents in between.
Research Impact among Finance & IT Nobel Laureates in AACSB and Scientific Impact Studies.
Worldwide Business and IT Editorial Coverage & Interviews in Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune, Fast Company, Forbes, Business Week, CIO, CIO Insight, Computerworld, Information Week, etc.
Risk Management Tech Ventures leading Computational Quantitative Analytics,
Machine Learning, Data Science,
Quantitative Finance, & Cybersecurity Practices.
"In his latest book, Knowledge Management and Virtual Organisations, KM luminary, Dr. Yogesh Malhotra, offers some cautionary advice. He exposes three myths often associated with KM solutions."
"Knowledge Management and Business Model Innovation brings together the latest thinking on issues at the forefront of teaching innovation and professional imagination."
- M. Lynne Markus, Professor and Department Chair of Electronic Business, City University of Hong Kong
Honors & Awards
Marquis Who's Who® in: America, World, Finance & Industry, Science & Engineering
Selected for inclusion in *Marquis Who's Who® biographical profiles of worldwide leaders and achievers from both the United States and around the world in:
• Marquis Who's Who in the World®, Since 1999.
• Marquis Who's Who in Finance & Industry®, Since 2001.
• Marquis Who's Who in America®, Since 2002.
• Marquis Who's Who in Science & Engineering®, Since 2006.
2018: 65 SSRN Top-10 Research Rankings: Top 2% SSRN Authors:
Computational Quant Analytics; AI & Decision Modeling; Algorithms & Machine Learning, Quantum Computing.
• 2015-2018: 65 SSRN Top-10 Research Rankings: Top 2% SSRN Authors:
AI & Machine Learning; Cybersecurity & Cryptography; Computational Quant Finance & Trading.
SSRN Top-10 Research Ranking Categories:
• Accounting Technology & Information Systems,
• Accounting, Corporate Governance, Law & Institutions,
• Artificial Intelligence,
• Banking & Insurance,
• Capital Markets,
• Cognition in Mathematics Science & Technology,
• Community College Education,
• Computational Biology,
• Computational Techniques,
• Computer Science,
• Computing Technologies,
• Conflict Studies,
• Corporate Governance Practice Series,
• Corporate Governance: Disclosure Internal Control & Risk-Management,
• Cultural Anthropology,
• Cyber-Conflict (Inter-State),
• Decision-Making under Risk & Uncertainty,
• Econometric & Statistical Methods,
• Econometric Modeling,
• Econometric Modeling: Capital Markets - Risk,
• Econometrics: Econometric & Statistical Methods,
• Econometrics: Mathematical Methods & Programming,
• Economics of Networks,
• Forensic Accounting,
• Government Expenditures & Education,
• Hedging & Derivatives,
• Information Systems & Economics,
• Information Systems: Behavioral & Social Methods,
• Information Technology & Systems,
• Innovation & Management Science,
• Innovation Finance & Accounting,
• Innovation Law & Policy,
• Inter-State Conflict,
• Interorganizational Networks & Organizational Behavior,
• IO: Productivity, Innovation & Technology,
• IO: Regulation, Antitrust & Privatization,
• Labor: Human Capital,
• Legal Perspectives in Information Systems,
• Machine Learning,
• Mathematical Methods & Programming,
• Microeconomics: Decision-Making under Risk & Uncertainty,
• Military & Homeland Security,
• Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, & Investment Industry,
• Operations Research,
• Political Economy - Development: Public Service Delivery,
• Postsecondary Education,
• Risk Management,
• Risk Management & Analysis in Financial Institutions,
• Risk Management Controls,
• Risk Modeling,
• Risk, Regulation, & Policy,
• PSN: Security & Safety,
• Social Network Analysis,
• Sociology of Innovation,
• Stochastic Models,
• Sustainable Technology,
• Systemic Risk,
• Telecommunications & Network Models,
• Uncertainty & Risk Modeling,
• VaR Value-at-Risk.
• Supervisory Research Committee: Distinguished Computer Scientists & Mathematicians,
- Air Force Research Lab, NYS Cyber Research Institute, SUNY.
• Mentors: World Leaders in Asset Management, Risk Management, & Systematic Trading,
- Top Wall Street Investment Banks & Hedge Funds with $1 Trillion AUM.
2018 Princeton Quant & FinTech Conference, Princeton University
Model Risk Management in AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning:
Beyond Deep Learning & Generative Adversarial Networks
(Third in the series of the Princeton Presentations on
AI and Machine Learning Risk Management & Control Systems).
2018 MIT Industry Expert: AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
MIT AI-Machine Learning Executive Guide including RPA & Cognitive Automation.
2018 Bridging Networks, Systems & Controls Frameworks for Cybersecurity
RISK.Net: Bridging Networks, Systems & Controls Frameworks for Cybersecurity Curriculums & Standards Development,
Journal of Operational Risk, March 2018.
2018 Google Mobile Apps Development: Grow with Google Scholarship
2017 MIT Industry Expert: AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
2017 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Expert Paper
2017 ACM: Association for Computing Machinery:
Global Computer Scientists Editorial Team:
FinTech Industry Expert
2016 Fintech-Algorithms Research: Switzerland: Transformation of Finance
2016 European Cooperation in Science & Technology:
Switzerland Federal Department of Economic Affairs: Math-Fintech Industrial Research:
Mathematics-FinTech-Algorithms: Digital Transformation of Global Banking & Finance, 2016.
2016 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Expert Panel
2016 New York State Cyber Security Conference: 'Future of CyberFinance'
Presentation: CyberFinance: Why Cybersecurity Risk Analytics must evolve to Survive 90% of Emerging Cyber Financial Threats, and, What You Can Do About It?
Special Interest Topics: Related to: Finance Sector - Best practices and effective ways to increase the security of financial and personal customer information. 2016 NYS Cyber Security Conference: "Focusing the Cyber Security Lens", June 8 - 9, 2016, Empire State Plaza - Albany, NY.
2016 Princeton Quant Trading Conference: Model Risk Arbitrage-FinTech
Invited Research Presentation on financial innovation Model Risk Arbitrage, Princeton University.
- Sponsors: Princeton University, Goldman Sachs, Citadel, SIG, Apr 16, 2016.
- Beyond Stochastics to Non-Deterministic Finance: Model Risk Arbitrage-Open Systems Finance
- Model Risk Arbitrage, Open Systems Finance, and, Black Hat Finance
2015 Princeton Quant Trading Conference: Future of Finance beyond Flash Boys
Invited Research Presentation on the Future of Finance beyond Flash Boys, Princeton University.
- Sponsors: Princeton University Bendheim Center & ORFE, Citadel, KCG Holdings, Apr 4, 2015.
- Model Risk Management: Quantitative Finance, Cyber Finance, & Cyber Risk Insurance Modeling
- Cyber Finance, Machine Learning, Bayesian Inference, Markov Chain Monte Carlo Models
State Street Bank HQ Invited Presentation: Modeling Extreme Risks
Extreme Cyber Risk Computational Quant Finance Models, Aug. 2015:
State Street Bank World HQ, Boston, MA.
2015 NYSETA Conference: Advancing Cybersecurity Standards & Practices
New York Cyber Security & Engineering Technology Association
Bridging Networks, Systems, and, Controls Frameworks for Cybersecurity Standards & Practices.
New York Cyber Security & Engineering Technology Assocn, Rochester Institute of Technology.
October 22-23, 2015.
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC): National Expert Panel: Cybersecurity Risk, Insurance, & Value-at-Risk (VaR) Modeling Expert
Post-Doctoral Thesis Pioneering Cyber Risk Insurance Analytics: Committee: Distinguished Scientists, Air Force Research Lab and New York State Cyber Research Institute
AACSB Reports Impact of Research among Finance Nobel Laureates
Recognized among 'exemplars' of 'considerable impact on actual practice' such as Black-Scholes & Harry Markowitz by the AACSB International Impact of Research Report, 02/2008, with research advancing execution of SR11-7 & OCC2011-12 US Fed & OCC Model Risk Guidance.
United Nations Global Economists Expert Panel Quant on Digital Assets
United Nations World Headquarters Quant Expert among 1 of 4 Global Expert Economists Leading Global Development of Measurement Models of National Knowledge Assets and Digital Assets.
- Invited Global Keynote for the UN Global Conference of Global Expert Economists.
- Invited Expert Paper for the UN Global Conference of Global Expert Economists.
32 National Science Foundation Cyber Security Computing Expert Panels
National Science Foundation US Cyber Computing & Cyber Security National Expert Panels:
Invited Technical Expert on 32 National Science Foundation US Cyber Computing & Cyber Security National Expert Panels: Judge and Referee for allocation of Multi-Million dollar US Federal IT and Computing Commercialization SBIR/STTR Grants.
CNET Networks Corporate Computing Award for Most Influential Research
CNET Networks Corporate Computing Award for Most Influential Research, 2002:
Risk Management Frameworks & Models for Preempting Large Scale Systems Failures.
Ziff Davis Global Standard of Internet Commerce co-Founding Editor
Ziff Davis Global Standard of Internet Commerce, 1 of 4 Founding Editors & Founding Members
- National Leadership of US Corporate CIOs & CTOs Executing the E-Commerce Standard.
Digital Transformation & Quantitative Models: Grants: Intel Corp., UN,...
Invited External Grants
• United Nations World Headquarters Invited Research Grant on Digital Assets Measurement, 2003.
• Intel Corporation Invited Research Grant on Next Generation e-Business Architectures, 2001.
Internal Faculty Grants
• Syracuse University Snyder Innovation Management Center Research Grant, 2003-2005, 2008.
• Syracuse University Brethen Operations Management Institute Research Grant, 2005.
• Syracuse University Whitman School of Management Research Grant, 2003-2005.
• Center for Creation and Management of Digital Ventures Research Grant, 2003-2004.
• Martin J. Whitman School of Management Innovation Grant, Syracuse University, 2004.
• Kaufman Foundation, Life-Long Learning for Entrepreneurship Innovation, 2003.
• SAP University Alliance, SAP ERP/CRM Innovation Grants, 2003.
Among BPR, Digital Transformation, &, Knowledge Management Pioneers
2008: AACSB Reports Impact of Research among Finance Nobel Laureates
2007: Digital Transformation Strategy Pioneers, Business Standard (India)
2006: Marquis Who's Who in Science & Engineering®
2006: Knowledge Management Pioneers and Gurus, Emerald Publishing (UK)
2005: US-Canada Fulbright-Queen's University Visiting Research Chair Invitation (Canada)
2004: Most Cited Authors on Knowledge Management for 1995-2001, ASIS&T
2003: United Nations HQ Global Economists Expert Panel Quant on Digital Assets
2003: Most Cited Authors in Knowledge Management for 1990-2002, University of Minnesota
2002: Marquis Who's Who in America®
2001: Marquis Who's Who in Finance & Industry®
2001: Conference Board: Leading New Economy Workplaces, Advisory Board
2000: KMWorld 2000: Digital Transformation, Santa Clara (Silicon Valley), CA.
2000: Vision Korea National Campaign, Maeil Business TV & Newspaper, South Korea (S Korea)
2000: Most Influential Scholars & Practitioners Worldwide in Knowledge Management, ISWorld
2000: Knowledge Inc. Top Knowledge Management Experts and Luminaries
1999: Marquis Who's Who in the World®
1999: TiE Worldwide, Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors
1999: Government of Mexico National Parliament Cabinet Ministers: G8 e-Government (Mexico)
1999: Conference Board, Executive Council of Global Center for Performance Excellence
1999: Annual Knowledge Management World Summit, BrainTrust '99, San Francisco, CA
1998: Ziff Davis Who's Who in the Internet Commerce Standard
1998: Leaders and Legends of Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing.
1998: CRM Leaders and Legends of Intellibusiness.
1998: Government of Netherlands National Parliament Cabinet Ministers (Netherlands)
1996-1998: US Federal Government, Council Partner, BPR & Best Practices Council.
1997: Academy of Management, First Best Reviewer Award, 1997
- Organizational Communication & Information System (OCIS)
1997: Academy of Management Doctoral Consortium Fellow.
- TIM: Technology & Innovation Management, OCIS
1997: Association for Information Systems Doctoral Consortium Fellow.
Founder, Computerworld Top Digital Site, Search Engine, & Social Network
Entrepreneurial Programmer while working on Top-10 PhD Research Fellowship.
• World's Top Digital Transformation Research Site (Best Web Site Award, Computerworld).
• World's Top-3 Search Engine (Carnegie Mellon Industry.Net Awards).
• World's Top-10 Social Network (Popular Rankings among others such as LinkedIn).
• World's Largest Global Virtual Community of Digital Transformation Practice of 130,000
• Pioneered Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Model Risk Management (MRM) Practices.
• ASTD interview among Virtual Organization pioneers such as Hatim A. Tyabji, CEO, Verifone.
• Invited by Harvard Business Publishing to lead digital evolution of Harvard Business Review.
• Editorial reviews as industry benchmark by AACSB, ACM, AICPA, IEEE, INFORMS, SHRM, Fortune, Harvard, Inc., MIT, Princeton, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Wharton, Yale, etc.:
- Fast Company: "If Brint doesn't have it, then you probably don't need it."
- Business Week [e-Business]: "What every CEO should know."
- Business Week: "Best business information source."
- Wall Street Journal: "Contemporary business management and technology issues."
- Fast Company: "Yahoo! for Business & Technology."
- Forbes: "Tool for raising your company's IQ."
- Fortune: "Thumbs up for this serious surfer's tool useful for managers."
- San Jose Mercury News: "First for in-depth company & industry research."
- Wall Street Journal: "Complexity theory made easy."
- New York Times: "Invaluable for applying complexity theory."
- Wall Street Journal: "Largest collection of knowledge management."
- Fast Company: "Best source for knowledge management."
- CIO Magazine: "Wealth of incredibly rich, useful and interesting information."
- Computerworld: "Best site for IT and business information."
- Information Week: "Unparalleled in depth and relevance for business research."
- InfoWorld: "Best web site for hi-tech industry developments."
- InfoWorld: "Best web site on the topic of knowledge management."
US & World Governments, Silicon Valley & Wall Street Thought Leader
Invited Keynotes and Expert Panels across USA, North America, Europe, Asia:
Thought Leader of Silicon Valley CEOs/VCs and Largest National Economies and Global Firms.
Global Thought Leader & Advisor for NSF, UN, US & World Governments-Parliaments:
• US & World Governments & Parliaments, Digital Transformation and e-Government Strategies
• US & World Governments & Parliaments/Cabinets (N. America, Europe, Asia)
- Mexico - Mexican Parliament Cabinet Ministers, 13 National CIOs, 600 Sr. IT Executives.
- Netherlands - Advisor to Cabinet Minister, National Parliament Cabinet Ministers' Expert Panel.
- South Korea - National TV Broadcast & Newspaper Interview, Maeil Business, S. Korea.
- South Korea - Vision Korea Campaign - 400 National Leaders in Business & Government.
- USA - Council Partner, US Federal Agencies Best Practices Council.
• United Nations World HQ Keynote on Quant Measurement of National Knowledge Assets.
• Conference Board, Executive Council of Global Center for Performance Excellence
• Institute for Supply Management
Invited interviews by Wall Street Journal, Inc., Fortune, CIO,...
Invited interviews by worldwide Business & Technology media including Wall Street Journal, Inc., Fortune, CIO Enterprise, CIO Insight, Information Week, Government Executive, Government Technology, Federal Computer Week, Business Standard (India), Maeil Business (South Korea),...
Worldwide Coverage of Finance-IT-Risk Ventures as Industry Benchmarks
Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune, Inc., Fast Company, Business Week, etc.
Enterprise Risk Management and Model Risk Management ventures named as global CxO practices benchmarks in global business technology media including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., Business Week, Harvard Business Publishing, San Jose Mercury News, Computerworld, Information Week, CIO Magazine, CIO Insight, etc.
Best Reviewer Award: Quant Models: AoM; ACM, IEEE, IBM, Harvard,...
• Editorial Boards-Expert Panels of Tier-1 Computer Science, IT, & Operations Research Journals.
• Academy of Management, First Best Reviewer Award
- Organizational Communication & Information System (OCIS): Quantitative Structural Models
• Referee: 100+ Statistical Structural, Quant & Econometric Models: Top-tier Journals & Conferences.
• 40+ Publishers: e.g. ACM, IBM, IEEE, Cambridge University Press, Harvard Business Publishing.
Invited Executive Education Faculty: Carnegie Mellon, Kellogg; INSEAD,...
• Carnegie Mellon University Executive Education Program
• INSEAD (France)
• Kellogg School of Management Executive Education Program
• Queen's University: Centre for Knowledge-Based Enterprises (Canada)
Top-10 MIS PhD,MSQF,MSCS,MSNCS,MSAcc,MBAEco, BE,CEng,CISSP,CISA,CEH,CCP/CDP,CPA (Education)
Top-10 MIS PhD,MSQF,MSCS,MSNCS,MSAcc,MBAEco, BE,
• Top-10 MIS Quant PhD: IT & Statistics Double Credits: Quantitative Risk & Controls Modeling
- Full Scholarship & PhD Research Fellowship with MIS & IT Strategy Pioneer
• Top-14 MS Quant Finance, Midtown Manhattan, New York City
- Official Mentor: JP Morgan Global Head of Risk & Analytics & US Head of Portfolio Management
• MBA Quant Economics: Perfect GPA & Top Rank in Business School. Top ILP Quant Modeler.
- Full Scholarship-MBA Hypermedia Computing Fellowship with B2B Pioneer-CTO of $B B2B Firm.
• MS Accountancy: SUNY Perfect GPA Award, Top Rank in Business School.
- Focus: Global Financial Crisis & Risk Management Failures. NYS AICPA CPA Education fulfilled.
• MS Network & Computer Security: SUNY Outstanding Student Award, Highest GPA.
- Pioneering Cyber Risk Insurance Thesis: Advisors: Top AFRL Scientists. Top Ethical Hacker.
• MS Computer Science: Pioneering Research on Crypto-Currencies & Cryptanalysis Algorithms
- First Tech Report on Bitcoin ‘Cryptographic Proof’: Interview by Hong Kong Institute of CPAs.
DoDD 8570 Cyber Security Certifications; CISSP, CISA, CEH, CCP/CDP
U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570)
• Since 2005: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP, (ISC)²
• Since 2007: Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA, ISACA
• Since 2014: Certified Ethical Hacker, CEH, EC-Council
• 2015-2016: CompTIA Security+ Network Security Instructor, State of New York
• 2014: Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures for Penetration Testing, EC-Council
• Since 1993: Certified Computing Professional/Certified Data Professional, CCP/CDP, ICCP
• Since 1989: Chartered Engineer & Life Member, The Institution of Engineers, C.Eng.
• 2010: AICPA CPA-Education Requirements Fulfilled, AICPA, State of New York.
• SAS Certified by SAS Institute • MATLAB Certified by the MathWorks.
• SAP University Alliance Faculty Certifications: SAP-ERP, SAP-CRM.
• ABA/AIB: 1st in: Marketing for Bankers, Financial Statements Analysis, Principles of Banking
• Kaufman Foundation Entrepreneurship Innovation Faculty Certification.
• Other Memberships:
ACM, Academy of Management, AIS, INFORMS, IEEE, Institution of Engineers, Robotics International/SME, ASME.